MORNING BLUE GROUP:
1. Bupa Arabians asked the opponents Sethis Rising Stars to bat first after winning the toss on Ground # 7 on the last day of the pool matches of the Phase 2 Tournament. Sethis Rising Stars batting got to 167 for 7 in allotted 20 overs. Saad once again played sensibly to stroked 56 in 38 balls with 5 hits to the fence whereas Usman remained unbeaten on 48 off 42 balls and Jibrael 16. Obaid claimed 2 wkts.
Bupa Arabians chasing achieved the winning target for the loss of 7 wkts in 109 balls to win by 3 wkts with 11 balls to spare. Sher Bahadur hit 7 fours and 3 sixes to compile a match-winning 71 off 31 balls as he first added 61 in 35 balls for the 2nd wkt with Waseem (11) and then 62 in 37 balls for the 3rd wkt with Faizan who remained unbeaten on 50 off 31 balls with 3 boundaries and a six. Bittu made 9 to get to the winning target of 168. Zeeshan grabbed 3 for 23 and Aqeel 3 for 38.
2. Nadeem XI against ADI XI plundered 182 for 5 in allotted 20 overs after winning the toss on Ground # 8. Nadeem XI lost early wkts to be reduced to 41 for 2 in the 6th over but then Ahmed anchored at the other end played scintillating innings of 108 in 59 balls studded with 2 sixes and 14 fours as his fifty came in 33 balls and his hundred in 53 balls, he during his long innings first added 46 for the 3rd wkt Intikhab (17) and then 90 in 44 balls for the 4th wkt with Saddam Ahmed (26 in 17 balls and 3 fours) to get to impressive 182.
ADI XI in reply batted well till the 15 over with 141 for 2 requiring 42 runs in the last 30 balls with 8 wkts in hand. ADI should have reached comfortably but they could not score runs as required and fell behind by 9 runs to be stranded at 173 for 6 to lose.
But then the game was quite Fabulous throughout the match in both the innings. Sattar Ali of ADI XI hammered a fine ton of 109 in 58 balls with the help of 4 huge sixes and 10 fours as his fifty took 20 balls and his hundred in 50 balls as he first added 59 in 32 balls for the opening stand with Kashif (15) and then 53 in 41 balls for the 2nd wkt with Salman (11). But the batters to follow did not perform to their potential to fall behind. Sufyan emerged as the pick of the bowlers with 3 for 24.
3. NNG deciding to bat first after winning the toss against Cascade Group piled up 198 for 5 in the allotted 20 overs thanks to Amazing innings of unbeaten 92 in 55 balls studded with 12 hits to the ropes and a six while Ehtesham ul Haq made 21 in 14 balls with 5 boundaries, Ehtesham 16, Salahuddin 14 and Sufyan unbeaten 23 in 10 balls with 3 fours.
Cascade Group in response was restricted to 140 for 7 in stipulated 20 overs to lose the encounter on Ground # 2 by 58 runs. Adil Deshmukh once again played an impressive inning of 50 in 33 balls with 8 hits to the ropes, his 2nd consecutive fifty in as many matches whereas Raja made 16 and Umair was unbeaten on 15. Ehtesham ul Haq scalped 3 for 16 and Ehtesham 2.
4. Sialkot Shaheen opting to bat first against Arbros was bundled out for 114 in the allotted 20 overs on Ground # 3. Majid stroked 47 in 43 balls with 6 hits to the ropes and Tehseen 21 as none other from their ranks could touch the double digits to be restricted to such a low score. Adil claimed 3 for 19 whereas Roman and Abdulrehman had 2 each.
Arbros having a very fruitful tournament to get to the topmost rank in the Morning Blue Group ‘’reached the winning tally of 115 for 1 in 94 balls to win by 9 wkts with 26 balls to remain. Ali Daud scored a match-winning unbeaten 53 in 46 balls with 5 fours and a six, Rashid Ali unbeaten 32 in 26 balls with 2 fours and a six and the two added 83 in 58 balls for the unbroken 2nd wkt After Opener Nasir Ali made 12.
5. Landmark Arabia opted to bat first against AWCC on Ground # 1 managed 171 for 8 in the allotted 20 overs. Yoga stroked 20 in 14 balls with 3 fours, Sarfaraz 34 in 39 balls, Ejaz 30 in 15 balls with 5 fours, Nadeem 27 in 16 balls with 2 sixes and 2 fours ‘’and Mujasim 14. Gulbuddin and Naveed had 2 scalps each.
AWCC chasing 175 to win achieved the victory target of 175 in 117 balls with a wkt to spare. Qasim smashed 79 in 44 balls with 3 sixes and 10 fours, Naveed 29 in 24 balls with 3 fours, Asif 18 and Tahir 10. Yoga grabbed 3 for 37.
After this last day of pool matches the following Point Standing has reached: ARBROS topped the list with 18 points, Nadeem XI second with 14, Sialkot Shaheen 12 and Bupa Arabians with 10 points.